The ERAdiate team at the University of Žilina is looking for a Senior Researcher in Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
– Acting as key expert for advancing ITS-research
– Support in advancing the research strategy
– Independent applied scientific research on par with international standards
– Acquisition of research funds from national and international funding programmes (includes publications)
– Advancing the international academic network of the ERA Chair Team
Completed third level of university studies (PhD. or equivalent) in technical or scientific areas relevant to Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) and Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
- Knowledge and professional experience
– Excellent and proven academic track record (publications, supervision of PhD and graduate students)
– Experience in projects related to the relevant fields in ITS
– Excellent communication skills in English
– Enthusiasm for unconventional solutions, creativity and visionary power
The candidate should have knowledge and experience in one or more of the following research fields:
– Cooperative and complex mobility systems
– SMART solutions, e.g. Smart Cities, Access & Pricing
– Decarbonisation of mobility
– Business models for ITS and ICT
– Inclusive mobility
– Societal effects of ITS deployment
– The position is located at the University of Žilina, Slovak Republic
– Expected starting date: April 2017
The selected candidate will be offered the following:
– Tenure track with initial appointment for 2 years
– Internationally competitive salary commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience in conformity with section 7a) of the Act No.553/2003 Coll.
– Access to existing state-of-the-art research infrastructure
Applications should include the following documents in English:
– Cover letter
– Curriculum Vitae
– Copies of the university diplomas
– Declaration of truthfulness of the information submitted
Applications with signed copies of all documents should be sent by March 19, 2017 to the following address:
Žilinská univerzita v Žiline
Oddelenie personálnej a sociálnej práce
010 26 Žilina
or alternatively by e-mail to email@example.com (scans of the signed documents are required).
For an informal discussion prior to applying, please contact Dr. Karl Ernst Ambrosch, ERA Chair Holder.
March 1, 2017 - 12:00 am