The University of Zilina (UNIZA), a hotspot in Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) research, was awarded a prestigious ERA Chair grant by the European Commission, under the 7th Framework programme, for the implementation of the ERAdiate project launched in 2014. ERAdiate is the first EC-funded project to establish an ERA Chair for ITS.
Dr. Karl Ernst Ambrosch, the ERA Chair holder, and his team of researchers are building up a unique research and innovation hub located in the Zilina region and oriented on global societal and environmental challenges connected to the solving of mobility issues with the use of ITS.
- To contribute to scientific excellence in ITS and support regional innovation strategies fostering economic and social development.
- To build an attractive and internationally competitive environment at UNIZA through the development of human resources and maximisation of research infrastructure exploitation.
- To unlock and strengthen UNIZA research potential in ITS
- To promote ITS excellence of UNIZA and the Žilina convergence region
- To increase international competitiveness of UNIZA
- To intensify national and international cooperation with stakeholders
- To contribute to economic growth and employment in line with regional innovation strategies
- Cooperative ITS
- Decarbonisation of Mobility
- Sustainable Urban Mobility / Smart City
- Intermodal ITS
- Cross-cutting topics: Mobility Indicators, Autonomous Driving, MaaS, Travel Behaviour