The University of Zilina (UNIZA), a hotspot in Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) research, was awarded a prestigious ERA Chair grant by the European Commission, under the 7th Framework programme, for the implementation of the ERAdiate project launched in 2014. ERAdiate is the first EC-funded project to establish an ERA Chair for ITS.
Dr. Karl Ernst Ambrosch, the ERA Chair holder, and his team of researchers are building up a unique research and innovation hub located in the Zilina region and oriented on global societal and environmental challenges connected to the solving of mobility issues with the use of ITS.
The University of Žilina becomes a unique innovation hub and a leading European institution in Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) research and innovation. Awareness about ITS research activities at UNIZA is increased within the European Research Area. The performance of UNIZA and the Žilina convergence region in ITS research, innovation as well as education is enhanced for the benefits of relevant actors at regional, national and European levels.
– Contribute to scientific excellence in ITS and support regional innovation strategies fostering economic and social development.
– Build an attractive and internationally competitive environment at UNIZA through the development of human resources and maximisation of research infrastructure exploitation.
– Unlock and strengthen UNIZA research potential in ITS
– Promote ITS excellence of UNIZA and the Žilina convergence region
– Increase international competitiveness of UNIZA
– Intensify national and international cooperation with stakeholders
– Contribute to economic growth and employment in line with regional innovation strategies
Research and Innovation fields
The project fosters excellence in the following fields:
– Cooperative ITS
– Decarbonisation of Mobility
– Sustainable Urban Mobility / Smart City
– Intermodal ITS
– Cross-cutting topics: Mobility Indicators, Autonomous Driving, MaaS, Travel Behaviour